Sunday, November 14, 2010

See you in Palestine


14.11.2010
Maastricht

Some of the participants have left already, and we said goodbye to our dear Egyptian participants at 1:00 am, we were awake to see them for the last time, hopefully we’ll see them in the next CST. In the morning we said goodbye to the rest of the participants, for we were the ones to leave now. We had a lot of mixed feelings, it’s not a good thing to know many people and start to love them and then you have to leave everything. 
Christian, Andre, and Lenny got us to Aachen, it was a very cold day, and because I loved Maastricht I was looking at it carefully to keep the last picture in my mind. Luckily, we had Nazif with us, and Anan was really getting crazy that Nazif couldn’t sleep in the train, lol.. Bushra was afraid all the time to get lost, but with Lenny, Christian and Andre’s guidelines we finally reached the airport. I want to thank the three of them for coming with us and taking care of all of us. We had fun during our trip to Palestine, especially when we were in the plane from Istanbul to Jordan, because at 00:00 it was Aman’s birthday, and we sang for her, and people were singing with us. It doesn’t happen every day to have your birthday in the sky between clouds!

It was a special day because I recognized that I was in love with all of the participants, I remember now an Arabic song that says “love doesn’t know its depth till the moment of separation”.

Finally, I hope that the period that we spent with each other was longer, and I highly believe that this project should proceed in Palestine, Egypt, and Turkey. I can say thanks to facebook which keeps us connected.

No comments:

Post a Comment