Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Chocolate with Spirit


10.11.2010
Brussels – Maastricht

On the last day of Brussels we were getting ready to leave from Brussels to Maastricht to spend the last 4 days of our trip, so we had the chance to go around the city to discover its amazing art and architecture as well as some of its history. For me one of the best things about Belgium was its chocolate that had a taste filled with spirit. I was also amazed with its beautiful streets and buildings to the extent that on every corner or every street we go, I see something different and more beautiful than the one before. Other things as well that I loved about Brussels were, first the waffles, which were simply perfect and second was the bar that had more than 2000 beer brands from around the world. For me I tried some of the best beers I have never tasted in my life, specially the fruity flavored beer (Wish we had that in Egypt). It was very different for me to be in a country like Belgium. We also enjoyed taking pictures everywhere, and enjoyed the beautiful sight seeing around the city. Being able to speak their native language, which is French, was great for me as I was able to practice one of my language that I hardly practice in my country. It was simply one of the best days of the trip.
Generally speaking, I have spent some of the best days of my life in this trip. Its timing was perfect for me on the personal level. The sad part was meeting the right people, but in the wrong place or time as it would have been very different for all of us if we lived in the same country. I guess that we would have stayed as united as we were in this amazing trip. Our group was one of the best things in the trip. For me, I find that the trip was very successful as we had a strong integration between different cultures. I was very happy to meet such great people as each one was unique in his own way. Finally, I really wish that all of us would be able to meet up again, which might be possible in the near future, hoping that CST-Egypt and CST-Palestine would come to light.

No comments:

Post a Comment